Sunday, September 9, 2012

Broken Glass

Broken glass can represents a few thing
The symbolism of broken glass means broken promises or shattered expectations.

Your feelings may be hurt or a situation may be turning into a crisis.

At the Jewish wedding feast to consummate the relationship they drink from a wine glass and then they smash the glass
The glass is broken to protect this marriage with the implied prayer: "As this glass shatters, so may your marriage never break." The promises made by the bride and groom, like the broken glass, are irrevocable. It reminds us that love, like glass, is fragile and must be protected.

Shattered glass symbolizes the fragility of our relationships and reminds us that we must treat our relationships with extra special care. It teaches us that in times of joy we must also realize life also brings sadness and sorrow.

 Recently at a conference in 2012 where I was teaching at, the host decided to purchase a thank you gift for me. God told her a specific store in Halifax to go to and one word- the color purple

Unknown to her purple is my favourite color and the color of royalty that I wear often to remind me of my position as the daughter of the King. She went into the store and saw a purple gem rock, amethyst  (which coincidentally was also my birthstone) and decided to purchase it. As she went to take the gemstone off of the shelf something unusual happened. The entire glass shelving and all the remaining stones on the shelves came crashing to the floor. As she stood there before the rubble in disbelief with the gemstone in her hand all she could think about was the thousands of dollars of damage that lay on the floor in a shattered pile of glass. Then quickly something else happened that she did not expect- the attendant at the store came over and reassured her not to worry about the damage as there must have been some imbalance in the shelving for that to happen. Relieved but still in a state of shock she purchased the beautiful rock and had it packaged and wrapped and walked out the doors of the shop. Wow!

After sharing this incredible story with a few people and pondering on its significance the Lord spoke to her about the following.

She received Rev 21:18-20 - Number 12 means leadership, government, perfection, completion and purple symbolizes priesthood.

Amethyst was used as the 12th and last foundation. Each foundation is a unique gem for the adornment in creating the promised and new city to replace the old one.
Out of the broken glass shelves she received the message of Gods grace.

As she presented me with this precious gift and shared this story and meaning to me I knew that the Lord was speaking about the situation and circumstances that had just recently been reconciled and was in the process of restoration with my husband, our marriage, ministry and family.

This broken glass which represented the state of our relationship was because of the imbalance in our marriage and symbolized the brokenness of all of the promises and shattered expectations. But due to the grace of God we were walking away without having to pay the price for the damage and instead we would be rewarded by the amethyst foundation stone which represented the call of God that was on our lives of leadership and priesthood. Not to mention that He would replace the old with the new. What a beautiful gift of Gods Grace over our lives.

 God gave me this song as a reminder of the journey


Broken Glass -Shattered dreams

Broken glass all on the floor
Dreams are shattered they are no more
I cant believe I am here
In this place

What can I get from all of this
More broken plans as I resist
If I surrender now
Will I receive His Grace

Yet all I see are tiny pieces
Small fragments as the pain increases
All the broken glass
As it is falling into space

Yet out of this something shall arise
A prophetic gift, a promised surprise
A treasure for our future
A hopeful prize

This foundation stone is oh so bright
The color purple sparkles against my eyes
Speaks of His wonder, majesty and glory
As it tells the world a beautiful story
 
Grace oh grace His amazing grace
That which I owed has now been paid
Grace has favoured me now I am released
Walking free into destiny
 
For there is no more broken glass
Begun to feel hope again at last
All regrets are now in the past
As we begin to embrace this brand new day

Those shattered dreams to return no more
Just a brand new path and wide open doors
Brushed and swept away up off the floor
Broken glass and shattered dreams are gone
Yes ,broken glass and shattered dreams have gone…

C.Hinds (c) 2012



6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in tears, this is so lovely. I broke a glass and my dad passed away three weeks ago I am on a hunt for the meaning behind it. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings
      I just saw this and wanted to let you know that there has been so much more to this story and I am sure there will be for yours as well- Gods Grace on you today- Peace in your grieving

      Delete
  3. That was very rude and uncalled for. "Anonymous" November 18, 2013 at 12:54 P.M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Half of the inventory was broken by a customer. Was it like a case of stuff because like wine, they can say a case was found broken instead of missing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A while back, I had a dream where I was looking at a home to move to and videotaping it with my cell phone to show my husband. But on the cell phone, the image of the Divine Mercy Jesus kept showing up each time I played my recording. I woke up that morning and thought to myself, why did I dream of Jesus? The next day, around 3PM, my husband walked over to our baby's pack and play (which is in front of our painting at home of the Divine Mercy Jesus) where she was napping. He called me with a scared voice, and asked me to check her from head to toe. Upon doing so, I said that she's find, and asked what is the problem? He then instructed me to look inside the pack and play, and inside was her glass bottle shattered into at least 100 pieces. The baby gym was sliced by the glass, but our daughter had absolutely not one single cut on her body. This was a miracle to me of such great proportions, that I was left speechless, and cried hours afterwards. Then in early August, I found a short sale townhouse, and we put a bid in on it. It’s been 1 ½ months since that bid, and over 3 months since my dream, but I realized the other day that in my dream, I was videotaping our “new home”… It wasn’t the same exact place, but it was similar in that it needed some repairs and work in my dream. My husband never came to see our pending home prior to signing contract b/c of his schedule. So I showed him everything from the pictures on my phone. Just like in my dream where Jesus was on my phone! To top everything else off, my husband and I have had a shaky couple of years as well, and reading your post, help me remember and realize that we are working in the right direction on improving our marriage! Needless to say, my cell phone wallpaper is now a picture of the “Divine Mercy Jesus”. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete