Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hineni-Isaiah 6


This is a reoccurring chapter in my study of the bible, having read this chapter at a minimum of 12-15 times a year. I am now becoming familiar with it but always discovering a new revelation through it.

This chapter speaks of a supernatural occurrence in the life of Isaiah at a specific time, "In the year King Uzziah died." It speaks of man realizing who and what he is in the light of God. It speaks of true repentance and intercession as we read in verse 5 " Woe to me for I am undone I am man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people with unclean lips, for my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts".
It then talks about the very nature and relationship of God, as He cleanses our sins and makes us clean by his actions then sends out the commission call " Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us?"

As a lover of words and the power of their meaning, this next part is most important to me. It is the Hebrew word "Hineni"
Hineni is translated in English "Here am I " but it does not mean in only a physical sense as in being present or a persons location. It's deeper and more powerful meaning is the total surrender of oneself no matter what the cost".
I recently just watched the release of a documentary film titled "Father of Lights" and saw Hineni in action. Through the simple obedience of modern day believers all over the world and their answer of Hineni, God and His power was showing up and supernatural occurrences were becoming natural responses. It was so powerful that my spirit cried out "Hineni" with all the other people watching.
I believe that at a certain stage in an adult life your biggest question is, What am I here for? What is my purpose? In total surrender to God you hear the call and you get ready to answer. There are two answers each with a different meaning depending on where you are in your journey. “Here I am” says I am present at the appointed place, please see me here. But the statement “Here am I” says I know I am the person you are looking for and I have wrestled out the consequences and the cost and I am totally available to accomplish whatever task you set before me, my heart is here as well, Hineni.
The rest of the chapter is God giving Isaiah the very powerful message he wants him to deliver to his people.
But what continues to resonate in my spirit and heart is the answer that Isaiah, David, Abraham, Esther, and many others have given to God, "Here am I".
Can you say it with me?
Hineni!

Charmaine Hinds

No comments:

Post a Comment