Thursday, June 24, 2010

Everything That Can Be Shaken

Psalm 60:2 You have shaken the land and torn it open; mend its fractures, for it is quaking
Yesterday while at work in the middle of the day the unthinkable happened.
My desk started moving all by itself while I sat in my chair and tried to steady it. I began to realise that other things around me in my office were also shaking and after a few minutes of others in the office declaring that the same thing was happening to them, I soon realized that we were having an earthquake.
An earthquake in Milton, Ontario?
But after only a few minutes longer the information came flooding in as people all over Toronto and Ontario started emailing, texting, twittering and even calling me to say that they had felt the earthquake. The news on television finally reported that there was an earthquake measuring 5.0 magnitude on the Richtor scale, with the epicenter near Ottawa, Canada. Then a tornado occured in Midland and finally torrential rains around the area.
In just a few days the G8 and G20 Summit will begin in Toronto and Huntsville, Ontario,Canada. Decisions, major decisions will be made that will effect all of the world. The earth is shaking and crying out as we prepare to move into a new era. I don’t know about others but I will be in prayer lifting up the leaders and the changes that are about to be decided upon that will affect us from this day onward.
Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken

No comments:

Post a Comment