Friday, May 31, 2019

In the Mirror


Something amazing happened a few months ago 

 As an exercise to help me, I began to write using colorful dry erase markers on my bathroom mirror,positive affirmation statements that I needed to begin to believe. I wrote “It is worth it”, “with Me all things are Possible” and “I am a work in Transition” or “ For Such a time as this” and many more.


I looked in the mirror every morning and then would read them as I saw this in me. After a while I felt like I had received these messages into my spirit, so I took some window cleaner and cleaned the mirror. A few months passed and then one morning I took a shower but one thing was different. I forgot to turn on the fan when I entered the shower. So as I came out and went to look in the mirror something awesome was there. 

 Because the steam had stayed on the mirror I could see the words engraved in the mirror as clear as if it had been written with a pen. The words were still there! As I re -read all of the statements that I had been declaring I began to cry and become so grateful for this message. Even though I wasn’t doing the exercise any more the words had been there... invisible.
 I felt God was telling me not to forget these statements and even though I couldn’t see it that it was still written and still true. I watched as the steam whisped away and the mirror in front of me became a clear reflection.





What are you believing today? What statements have you been believing that are invisible but still there. It may be time to do inventory and write some new statement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment