Sunday, November 10, 2013

Grateful

"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.  For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods."  Psalm 95:2,3.

Grateful for what?
For what am I grateful?
He is Great  
And  I ? I am …full

Full of everything so that my cup runneth over
Running over with thankfulness

Thankful for…  making me laugh when I forgot to
Forgot? … forgot to let the things I want
not cause me to forget the things I  have been given

For You have blessed me more than I deserve!
So I have determined to live my life with an attitude of gratitude

Giving thanks each day for the abundance in life
Living my gratefulness

My prayer is one simple grateful thought
Dear God I just want to take a moment and not ask you for anything but thank you for everything
Here I am counting my many blessings one by one…

Your sustaining grace  
Your everlasting love                                                                                                 

Your joy in every circumstance                                                                                  
And Peace never ending
My small heart is bursting with gratefulness
The immensity of this emotion is overcome by your faithfulness
Because I look through grateful eyes nothing looks the same

For every obstacle, mountain, valley, difficult situation, every pain I have felt, loss I endured,
 For better for worse                                                                                                     

For richer for poorer                                                                                                       

In sickness and in health
 
You have kept your promises to me
I became yours and you became mine

And it has been great and it has been full
86 400 seconds each day to sing to you …thank you

Gratefulness is not merely saying thanks as if you were thanking someone for being there, for helping you or giving you something
It doesn’t seem enough to appreciate all that has been done by You
From with in my heart, my soul has felt beyond my comprehension, reason or logic
A true genuine feeling

In Spanish-Agradecida 
                                                                                                                                                   In French- Reconnaissant  
                                                                                                                              Dankbaar in Dutch.
                                                                                                                                            Kushukuru in Swahili  
                                                                                                                                              Grato in Italian
I am …Grateful

Charmaine Hinds

 

                                       

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment