Monday, November 5, 2018

Why Try?


Why Try?

The pain of the past keeps haunting me in my dreams and anxiety creeps into places unseen  The same mistakes keep happening though I have tried to change a thousand times


Why do I keep saying I am sorry…

Why do I keep seeing someone I am not, inauthentic, not the real me, the being created through the mask
Try again, start again, not again around the circle we go like a merry go round 
Seeing the same faces as we past the same markers once again, dizzy I want to get off, jump off but the rides not done yet. Paid for the ticket and so I spin.
Tired, just tired of the same ole same old.  
But the song says “a change is gonna come” Sam tell me when, I need to know when will it happen? If not today then when?  
This body can’t sustain this spirit that has been held back, beat down, and ready to emerge
So onward I surge, looking for my soul tribe that understands that I am more… than mortal flesh
One with the light within I shine on, lighter when the darkness overtakes the day
Feel the waves as I hold my head above water to breathe
You are there with me and so one more try, as I take baby steps forward 


Wobbly, I try to stand in the truth of your words and the facts of the mistakes
Again, I repent and make Teshuva
No one understands that the trauma of youth has covered and hidden the potential of a bright tomorrow
This dark cloud must go, calling on the wind to blow, blow over, for all flesh must die
And left in the flames of fire is just the truth and I   

The pain of the past keeps haunting me in my dreams and anxiety is creeping into places unseen. The same mistakes keep happening, though I have tried a thousand times.


Charmaine Hinds November 5, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment