Sunday, November 18, 2018

Black and Loud!


This is for the ones that say black people are so loud, they are vulgar, angry, aggressive, demanding and uncivilized. Why wont they assimilate and become more like us.


I am black and loud
Loud and proud
Yes, I have always been so emotional
Cause my cup ain’t  half empty, it’s a cup that’s full
A woman they say should remain silent

Yes massah, no massah your voice is not your own
Make sure you have permission to talk
Time to speak up- to speak the truth, your truth
Your history, your victory, your message

I be livin loud, livin large
I don’t whisper when I talk
I say it hard
 I don’t say it soft
If your dreams and tomorrow had been suppressed
If you had been cursed and found out you was blessed   
When you finally opened your mouth
I’m sure a scream would come out

The monster you made from an experiment gone bad
Now you wonder why we be so mad
You thought we’d stay broken, downcast and sad

Do I embarrass you with my shout from across the room
Why does what I do reflect back to you?
My laugh so out loud that it makes you uncomfortable
Seeing my sound makes you feel so vulnerable
The intensity of the energy I bring, into your life, into everything
My spirit is strong, rising up from where I belong
But wait, hold up …ain’t you black too?

You ask again, is that anger you hear when I speak?
Chile, maybe just the release of the warrior in me
No need to be in fear
My words are my weapon, lets make it clear
I have made the choice for you to hear my voice
My grammar ain’t off, my intellect intact
I know what I am doing, this be my method for fighting back

In the Silence much has happened, I have seen with my eyes
And the words within me lets out a cry
Saying here am I
Can you see me, feel me, my presence is undeniable
And what has been done has made you liable
My soul has been incarcerated for far too long
Tired of trying to prove I belong
I am created by the same Creator

They hate us because we are so loud
They love us because we are so proud
Loud and proud
Proud to be created with passion, fire, and courage  
Our voice makes a difference in the pilgrimage
As we state our case before the only Judge  

The stereotype made real
 Rappers, spoken word, singers, debaters, word creators
We are the original media masters, using our words so the message is loud
Don’t you love our sound? Vibrations trickling down
The drumbeat, the heartbeat this is our song
Am I disturbing your peace?
Just by being me
Or is that I am unafraid to say what’s on my mind
Seemingly unaware of the place or time
Allowing words to vibrate and ripple throughout the atmosphere
Without hesitation, without fear

I may look like just another angry black woman to you
 But this ain’t  true
Cause I choose to refuse to let myself remain abused
What you hear in my voice is my ancestors echoing what I say
So God can hear his child when she pray
Its time for a change

Amen! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!
The words come from within and my brain forgets about etiquette,
The right spoon to use or correct place to sit
My mother’s tongue has created a sound
Resounding in my ears and coming to my mouth
I can’t hold it back so I release it out

Hear when I say I am black and loud
I am loud and proud!
Wooo!  WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment