Thursday, August 30, 2012

"Charmaine Rose"

In this world that is so performance driven and based on a winner mentality
where the best person gets the highest award. We can some times let people who are the best at what they do because they have the money and the opportunities given to them in life to make their dreams happen, become the heroes of this world. Well this flower right here is called the “Charmaine Rose” and here is the story of why it blooms.


A very dear friend of mine when she was going through a hardship a few years ago the Lord showed her a prophetic rose garden, it was a symbol of hope for her situation. This year is her third season of growing her prophetic garden, each rose is named after a woman that she has walked with spiritually. She gives hand cut blooms to women as a ministry of hope for their situations or just to make them feel like a lady.

This year she planted Charmaine-Rose , it has a purple tinge to it, as this color is very symbolical to me. When she sent me this picture and told me that it is growing in her garden and that it is teaming with life, fragrant with many buds and four beautiful blooms – my heart was so overwhelmed.

I know that this may seem like nothing to the average person but I felt like I had been given the most prestigious award and the highest honour that one can attain in this lifetime. This rose was as symbolically to me as a gold medal is to an Olympic athlete or the Pulitzer prize is to the winner. It speaks of love, life and hope and the many buds that will bloom will be given to women of all walks of life to encourage them along their prophetic journey.
We all want to be acknowledged in life and my friend may never truly know how much she has done by bestowing this rose bush with my name attached to it to grow each year and to blossom and bloom and touch other women’s lives with hope and beauty, for this is a symbol to me of what Jesus has called me to do in my very own life- to be a Charmaine Rose.
So this is my eternal thank you to my blessed friend Rhonda. Just know this if I had a green thumb or even a garden I would return the favour because the fragrance of your life keeps spilling over onto mine. You are one my heroes.

Charmaine Hinds 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment