Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Dance


The Dance

Deep within me there is a longing
A great burning desire
To reach out and grab a hold of Him
Yet I know I must go higher

Way down in the depths of my being
In the very center of my soul
There is a place of great intimacy
That to reach I've made my goal


Sometimes in the smallest split second I sense His presence
And yet I long for so more
And in that time the dance begins
One I have never done before

So I dance like no one else is watching
Like their eyes don't mean a thing
Always remembering that I do have an audience
For I dance before the King

So many things I want to say to Him
That words could never express
So in my movement I share with Him
All of my sorrow, pain, love, joy and my happiness

What led me to Him was my desire to worship
And now I have been given the chance
So with a humble heart, I let Him open me up
As I embrace

"The Dance"

C.Hinds/©2001


No comments:

Post a Comment